Walk for Water Victoria Beach & District 2021
Our signature fundraiser returns! For years, Walk for Water has been an opportunity for friends and families to be part of the solution for Lake Winnipeg – and a fun way to spend a day at the lake! LWF is following all public health regulations to optimize the safety of all participants and will adapt planned activities as needed. New for 2021, our VB event will start outside at the Village Green Stage.
Date: Sunday, August 8
Location: Victoria Beach, Village Green Stage
Check-in: 9:45 a.m., walk begins at 10:00 a.m.
Distance: 2.5 km
This year, we are encouraging people to fundraise online using our Walk for Water 2021 online campaign page. You can support the walk in three ways:
Donate: Donate directly to Walk for Water online, or donate to a specific individual through their personal online fundraising page by using the "Assign to Individual" or "Find a Fundraiser" function. We are also able to accept donations over the phone – email us for assistance. Or, join us on Aug. 8 to make an in-person donation.
Fundraise: Create your own fundraising page by clicking "Create a Fundraiser". If you'd like, you can choose to customize your page with your own personal message, photos and videos. Then, send your friends and family the link to your page and begin collecting donations! If you prefer to collect pledges in person, you can find paper pledge forms at select VB locations, or in a future issue of the VB Herald, or print it at home! The printer-friendly version of the form can be found here. Instructions on how to use the pledge forms this year are on the forms themselves.
Walk: You are also able to simply join us on the day and walk to show your love for Lake Winnipeg!
For more information about the 2021 walk, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Thank you to all the walkers, donors and partners; together, we are translating science into solutions for Lake Winnipeg!
We proudly recognize the following Walk for Water 2021 sponsors:
Update: New public health regulations for Manitoba took effect on Saturday, July 17. Here are some of the ways we are adapting Walk for Water Victoria Beach & District to optimize safety and comply with these rules:
- This year’s walk will take place 100 per cent outdoors. We will start and end at the Village Green. Please dress for the weather (raingear, sun protection, etc.)
- Hand sanitizer will be available on site.
- Social distancing will be facilitated for participants from different households. This will include staggered starts for groups of walkers.
- Face masks are not required since we will be outside but if you feel more comfortable wearing one, please do so. Extra masks will be available.
- We are encouraging supporters to donate/fundraise online as much as possible.
- Donations will not be counted on site. Instead, LWF staff will be placing completed pledge/donation forms and monies raised in resealable bags, to be reconciled and counted post-event. We will have bags and labels on site, however, to help facilitate this process, we encourage participants to arrive with completed forms and monies in resealable bag, and with your name and the total amount raised on the outside.
- To decrease points of contact we sadly will not be giving door prizes this year. The walk will end with a cool popsicle and our gratitude for your support! You are then free to enjoy the rest of your day at the lake!
Safety comes first. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work to reduce risk. This year’s walk might look a little different but our mission remains the same: join together to support freshwater solutions and a healthy Lake Winnipeg.