Update: Our education program is taking a break for the summer which means we are currently unable to provide school presentations. We will resume offering presentations in September 2021; if you’re interested in booking, please contact us at that time. Thank you for your understanding.
LWF offers free educational presentations in English and French about Lake Winnipeg and its watershed to school (K-12) and community groups.
These engaging presentations are accompanied by a PowerPoint slide show and are tailored to different age groups and curriculum concepts. Each presentation includes:
- Information about Lake Winnipeg and its watershed;
- An introduction to the root causes of the current health challenges facing the lake (e.g. algal blooms, invasive species);
- The history of LWF – who we are and what we do;
- An overview of the Lake Winnipeg Health Plan (LWF’s evidence-based action plan); and
- Information on how we can do our part in our homes, schools and communities to help restore and protect Lake Winnipeg.
Please be advised that our presentations are in high demand and our capacity is limited – advance booking is strongly encouraged.
To book an online presentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.