We’re hiring a Finance & Office Administrator
If you can bring a high-level background in financial and administrative management, and a demonstrated ability to provide outstanding organizational support, we want to learn all about you!
We’re accepting candidates for the immediate full-time position as our dynamic Finance & Office Administrator. As part of our leadership team, broad responsibilities will include:
- Full cycle bookkeeping, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit preparation and year-end duties
- Review all expense claims and cheque requisitions
- Support staff in preparing financial reports for external funders
- Assist executive director to develop annual budgets and monitor performance
- Assist the executive director in implementing systemic improvements, internal controls and tools to support transparent and accurate financial and personnel management
Human Resource Administration:
- Process and manage staff hours, absences and leave accruals
- Process new hires, employee status changes, wage increases, terminations, tax forms and group benefits
- Receive, direct and relay phone messages and inquiry emails
- Sort and track all incoming correspondence
- Manage logistics, including office supplies, equipment purchases, or repairs
- Minute-taking for board, executive and committee meetings
- Maintain digital donor database (GiftWorks) and receipt charitable donations
- Coordinate donor communication mailings
- Develop and maintain record-keeping policies and procedures
Succeeding in this role requires previous experience as an effective Finance & Office Administrator. A considered candidate should provide examples showcasing their professionalism in a similar role, and be able to provide references from previous employers who can confirm their financial and administrative experience.
Education and/or experience to include:
- Degree or diploma in accounting/finance and minimum of three years’ accounting/finance experience.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite are required.
- Experience with GiftWorks or other Customer Relationship Management software is an asset.
We offer a competitive salary, vacation and benefits package. We’re looking for a friendly, approachable, long-term employee and will hire as soon as we meet the right person!
Interested candidates should submit resumes directly through indeed.ca to our contracted Hiring Assistant; One Recruits Inc., ATTN: Laura Wortley, by Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.