Save the Lake Fundraiser
Join us at the Gimli Yacht Club from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 30 for the very first Save the Lake Fundraiser in support of LWF!
The Kiwanis Club of Gimli & District and the Gimli Yacht Club have put together a family-friendly event with something for everyone, including:
- Educational presentations: Starting at 11 a.m., listen to Dr. Alexis Kanu, LWF Executive Director, speak on “Citizen Science, Citizen Advocacy and Citizen Action” and Dr. Al Kristofferson, Managing Director of the Lake Winnipeg Research Consortium speak on “The Lake Winnipeg Research Consortium’s role in research on Lake Winnipeg”
- Sailboat rides, kayak rides and motor boat rides: Offered by Gimli Yacht Club members and Prairie Sea Kayak Adventures from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- A raffle: Enter to win great prizes!
- Children’s eco-demonstrations: Have fun with community partners including the East Interlake Conservation District
- A pickerel lunch: Food to be served shortly after noon for adults with hotdogs for kids; adult’s plate $10; kid’s plate $5
- Special guests: Including Alex Martin, an 18-year-old paddler attempting a solo kayak trip around Lake Winnipeg this summer
If you'd like to donate to this fundraiser in advance, click here.
Please note, this event will take place outside the Gimli Yacht Club (Gimli Harbour); in case of rain the event will move indoors. See you on June 30!