Pickerel in the Park 2017
Join us in Grand Marais for an afternoon of lake-friendly learning and outdoor family fun!
Back by popular demand, this free event has something for everyone:
- Special guests Jodi Goerzen, Manager of the Seine-Rat River Conservation District and LWF’s CBM Co-ordinator Chelsea Lobson will be sharing details about our community-based monitoring (CBM) network – learn how citizens across Manitoba are taking action for water and how you can get involved.
- The Heal the Lake Kids are back with some lake-themed activities – plus, we’ll have outdoor games and an inflatable bouncer!
- Chat with LWF staff about our work to restore and protect our great lake, and purchase some of our unique fundraising products
- Enjoy some delicious Lake Winnipeg pickerel, fried up for us by the great folks from Lanky’s Restaurant
- New for this year, we’re holding a silent auction – your chance to win some great prizes!
When: Wednesday, Aug. 2, 1 - 3 p.m.
Where: Grand Marais Community Central & RV Park; 36058 PTH 12, Grand Marais (just before Grand Beach)
Please note, the CBM presentation will take place inside at 1 p.m. (Child-minders will be outside during this time to supervise your little ones.) Food will be served outside at 2 p.m. Don’t forget to BYOB (that’s bring your own blanket)!
Free admission – all lake-lovers welcome!