Annual General Meeting 2023
Join us on Wednesday, May 17 for our 2023 Annual General Meeting!
New this year, we are hosting a hybrid event. If you’d like to attend in person, we’ll be meeting at FortWhyte Alive (1961 McCreary Rd) in Winnipeg. If you’d prefer to attend online, our AGM will also be available as a live, virtual event.
Important reminder to all LWF members: voting on AGM business will take place online in advance of the AGM, between April 19 and May 15.
All LWF members in good standing have the right to vote; the 2023 AGM agenda and all other materials, as well as a link to the online voting platform, are presented below.
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Time: 7 p.m. CDT
- In person: FortWhyte Alive (1961 McCreary Rd) in Winnipeg: pre-registration is not required to attend in person. Please note, if you are experiencing any cold/flu/COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you please stay home and instead, attend this event online.
- Online Zoom webinar: please register for the online LWF AGM in advance.
AGM materials and voting link:
LWF’s 2022 annual report, which includes audited financial statements, is available for your review.
To renew your LWF membership in advance of the AGM, please visit CanadaHelps to make a secure donation. All donations of $50 or more include a one-year membership and strengthen our collective efforts for Lake Winnipeg. Thank you!
Between April 19 and May 15, LWF members in good standing are asked to vote on the following motions:
- Be it resolved that the agenda of the Lake Winnipeg Foundation's 2023 annual general meeting be approved as presented.
- Be it resolved that the minutes of the Lake Winnipeg Foundation 2022 annual general meeting, held May 18, 2022, be approved as presented.
- Be it resolved that the 2022 financial statements provided by Talbot & Associates be approved by the members of the Lake Winnipeg Foundation
- Be it resolved that the firm of Talbot & Associates be appointed as auditors for the 2023 fiscal year by the members of the Lake Winnipeg Foundation
- Be it resolved that Bryan Allison and David Horne be elected to the board of directors of the Lake Winnipeg Foundation, for a term of two years.
- Be it resolved that Helen Yestrau and Cheryl Bailey be elected to the board of directors of the Lake Winnipeg Foundation, for a term of three years.
Please cast your votes through our AGM voting link. If you are unsure of the status of your membership, please contact us – we’re happy to help!
Our AGM is free to attend and open to all. We look forward to sharing updates on our work and the work of the Lake Winnipeg Indigenous Collective over the past year.
This year’s special guest speaker is LWF’s very own Programs Director, Chelsea Lobson. Chelsea leads the Lake Winnipeg Community-Based Monitoring Network (LWCBMN), a long-term water-monitoring program that is identifying phosphorus hotspots in the watershed. She will be talking about why this program is important, how it has evolved, what we’re learning – and what’s next!
Whether in person or online, we hope you can join us on May 17!