Fresh water takes centre stage in new documentary play
The real-life politics of freshwater protection hit the stage this month with the Winnipeg premiere of The Watershed!
Presented by the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre at Tom Hendry Warehouse, the latest documentary play from Montreal playwright Annabel Soutar investigates the complexity of freshwater stewardship in Canada through the story of IISD Experimental Lakes Area (IISD-ELA) – a research facility located near Kenora, Ont. that’s one of Canada’s primary sources of lake science.
Documentary theatre is a style of theatre that records stories and portrays characters from real life. Soutar constructed The Watershed using original interviews with freshwater scientists, government official, activists and business leaders. She also incorporates her own personal experiences gained from a cross-country trip to Alberta with her husband and two young children.
IISD-ELA is one of LWF’s valued partners and we look forward to seeing some of the people we work with portrayed onstage!
The Watershed’s limited-edition run starts March 15. Tickets can be purchased at the Royal MTC Box Office.
An exclusive preview performance is taking place on Tuesday, March 14. At this fundraising event for IISD-ELA, you’ll have the opportunity to meet Annabel Soutar, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and watch this timely and thought-provoking piece of theatre. Tickets for this event can be purchased here.
We’re giving away a pair of tickets to The Watershed to one lucky winner! To enter our contest, simply follow us on Facebook or Twitter and tell us who you’d take to The Watershed using the hashtag #thewatershedwpg.
We’ll randomly select one winner on Thursday, March 9 from all entries made on Facebook and Twitter.
Please note the following contest rules:
- To eligible to win, contest entrants must follow LWF either on Facebook and/or Twitter, and must use the hashtag #thewatershedwpg.
- LWF staff are ineligible to win this contest.
- Winner must claim tickets in person at the RMTC box office and will be required to show ID.
- Winner can choose to attend any regular-run performance of The Watershed from March 15 to 18, provided the chosen performance has not already sold out at time of contest closure.
- Winner gives LWF permission to share his/her name publicly.
Update: Congrats to Michelle Holigroski, whose name was pulled from our draw as our contest winner!
Sorry, there are no posts at this time.