LWF is an environmental non-governmental organization (ENGO) seeking solutions to ensure a clean, healthy Lake Winnipeg and watershed now and for future generations.
Founded in 2005 as a volunteer coalition of concerned lake-lovers, LWF today is emerging as a leading organization working collaboratively with non-profit, academic, industry and government sectors and the public to restore and protect our great lake.
In 2012, LWF established our Science Advisory Council (SAC), a group of leading freshwater experts whose research guides our organization's work.
LWF's efforts are focused on research, public education, stewardship and collaboration.
- LWF leads the Lake Winnipeg Health Plan, which identifies eight key actions to address the root causes of harmful algae blooms.
- LWF partners with other organizations and groups to educate citizens, push for science-based policy, and encourage innovation and excellence in water stewardship.
- LWF gives grants to community projects focused on improving water quality.
- LWF provides subsidies for school field trips.
- LWF offers presentations to schools and community groups.
Sorry, there are no posts at this time.